The Lead Judge's Role
- The Lead Judge takes part in the judging contest.
- At the end of the contest, the Lead Judge's final judging repository will be synced to the original contest judging repository to generate the issues.
- The initial list of issues will then be shared with the protocol team to add comments and relevant labels.
- The Lead Judge shall coordinate with the protocol team, Lead Senior Watson & Sherlock to resolve the issues based on the comments/labels. You can also add comments on the issues to help with the process.
- Initial results will be generated & announced based on the final issue state from Phase 2. Completion of this step opens up the Escalation period.
- Once the Escalation period ends, Sherlock's internal judges will review the escalations and discuss with Lead Judge/Watson, and the team to resolve the escalations.
- Final results are announced.
The ideal timeline to complete all 3 phases is two weeks from the end of the contest.
- Understands Sherlock's Judging guidelines.
- Understands the codebase well from the contest.
- Communicates effectively with all the parties involved.
- Adds relevant comments, if required, on valid/invalid issues to make the process easier for everyone involved.
- Lead Judges effectively result in ideally zero valid escalations.
- Leads the judging process to completion before the two-week deadline.