A Watson is a security expert who submits vulnerabilities. Watsons can also be teams that sign up under one address, so whether you’re an established audit shop, full-time independent security expert, or part-time security researcher interested in finding vulnerabilities - we want to work with you.
- 1.You can sign up for upcoming audits posted in Sherlock’s Discord channel or Website by providing your GitHub name, Discord handle, and your wallet address (so we know where to pay you).
Note: If you have competed in Code Arena, we recommend signing up with the same address you’ve used for those contests so that your ranking properly transfers.
2. You can submit issues found during the audit to your private GitHub repo that Sherlock will create.
3. You have until the audit ends to select to opt out of counting the contest towards your ranking.
Note: You are allowed to opt out of a contest for ranking purposes, but still get paid based on the issues you submit! We want to encourage you to show up for as much, or as little, time as you can commit.
4. Sherlock will pay you any prize money earned from the pool and update your ranking within 2 weeks of the audit ending.
You are eligible to be a Senior Watson if you make it into the top 10% of ranked Watsons. Senior Watsons have the chance to become the Lead Senior Watson for a contest and receive fixed pay (~$10k per audit week).
Steps for Senior Watsons:
1. Sherlock posts the details of an upcoming audit in the Senior Watson Discord Channel. You have 72 hours to indicate your interest in being selected as the Lead Senior Watson, or propose a set of alternative dates that work better.
2. If you are the highest ranked Senior Watson who signed up, you will be notified after those 72 hours that you were selected to lead the audit. If you aren’t selected as the lead, you can still compete in the contest by following the “Initial Steps” above.
3. You can submit issues found during the audit to your private GitHub repo that Sherlock will create.
4. Sherlock will pay you any prize money earned from the pool and update your ranking within 2 weeks of the audit ending, and you’ll receive 75% of your fixed pay at this time.
5. As the Lead Senior Watson, you’ll review all fixes made by the protocol team. See “Fix Review Process” section below for more details.
6. Post-fix review, Sherlock will compile the final audit report and you’ll sign off on it.